These 4th of July candles are the picture gift for a party or DIY decoration for a 4th of July party.
Celebrate independence day with an easy to make and great smelling candle.
What You’ll Need
- Mason Jars
- Soy Wax (or your preferred Wax)
- Candle Dye (Optional)
- Candle Wicks
- Candle Scente (Optional)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Stick on Glass July the 4th Decals
- Decorative cloth & Eucalyptus Leaves (Optional for table decor)
- Decorative Fabrics and Bows
Step by Step Instructions
- Prepare your mason jars by removing the lid and inserting the candle wicks.
2. Melt your soy wax using your preferred method and pour into the mason jars.
I did mine in the microwave using these exact methods.
As outlined in the video, I stirred for 2 minutes after all wax was melted and added coloring and scents at that point. I mixed Eucalyptus mint and Sandal wood.
3. Allow your candles to cool off. After they’ve cooled (over night) you can start decorating them
What I like about using the decorative glass decals is that they while adhere and stick to glass by themselves making it easier to play out where to put them. Once I decided I stuck them on using the hot glue gun. The Jute string and red ribbon were tied on for a little something extra.